Audio Operating Modes (modes determine how the audio signal is processed by the XMC-2):
- Reference Stereo Mode: Purist stereo mode with no bass management; analog signals remain pure analog.
- Direct Mode: Minimal processing with bass management.
- Surround Mode: Full surround sound processing, with bass management and room correction.
- Stereo Mode: Full bass management and room correction for stereo input signals.
- All Stereo Mode
Decoding and Processing
Surround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Digital Post Processing Support:
- Dolby Surround Upmixer.
- DTS Neural:X.
Displays and Controls
Front Panel Display:
- Graphical, 64 x 256 resolution, blue OLED display.
On-Screen Display (OSD):
- Configurable full color OSD displayed over live video, including 4k and 3D sources.
Controls and Remote Control Options:
- Full sized machined aluminum infrared remote control with discrete buttons for HDMI input selection, trim adjustments, and other major functions.
- Remote control apps - available for Apple and Windows computers and Android phones.
- Integration with universal infrared remote controls and popular infrared and network operated whole-home control systems.
- Four flexible Trigger Outputs can be independently configured to activate amplifiers or other trigger-enabled equipment.
Inputs / Outputs
Analog Audio Inputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (unbalanced).
Analog Audio Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analog audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analog line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR - including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
Digital Audio Inputs:
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (3): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (3): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Digital Audio Outputs:
- (1): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (1): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (2): USB Type A digital data inputs (for firmware updates and future enhancements).
- (1): Ethernet port (RJ-45).
Cutting Edge Operating System and Processors
Main System Processor:
- The XMC-2 is controlled by our own proprietary Linux-based operating system, and by several powerful DSP engines, each running custom software code.
- The main control functions on the XMC-2 are handled by a Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor.
- The XMC_2 is a pure video switch; video inputs are switched directly to the appropriate output without any unnecessary processing. Video switching on theXMC-2 is handled by three Panasonic MN864788 High Speed LSI 4k UHD Video Switches.
- All audio decoding and post processing is handled by twin Analog Devices, dual-core, 450 MHz DSP engines.
- Audio digital-to-analog conversion is performed by AKM AK4490 Verita DACs (operating in fully balanced Mono mode on the front three channels; fully balanced stereo mode for the remaining channels).
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Emotiva In Store Only Yes