JVC DLA-X7900 Projector
Refined JVC proprietary 4K e-shift5 technology.
JVC’s e-shift is proprietary high-resolution display technology that provides clear 4K precision images. A new algorithm in e-shift5 analyzes every pixel in the original 4K signal to determine the optimal data to create the e-shift frames. This improvement is particularly noticeable in fine detail, such as very small text.
Dynamic HDR Function
All JVC projectors offer high brightness and the industry’s leading native and dynamic contrast, which are essential for proper HDR playback. A new Active Intelligent Lens Aperture is now available for HDR to let viewers enjoy the most dynamic projected HDR images ever seen.
Brightness levels and native contrast for the new projectors are:
Brightness (lm) Native Contrast Ratio
DLA-X9900 -2,000 160,000:1
DLA-X7900 -1,900 130,000:1
DLA-X5900 -1,800 40,000:1
Unlike direct view displays where screen size and brightness are specified and fixed, projectors require adjustment in order to reproduce the PQ curve adopted by HDR 10. JVC projectors handle this by offering an Auto Switching HDR Picture mode and gamma adjustment, and now on two models – the DLA-X9900 and DLA-X7900– also offers two colour profiles, one prioritising brightness and the other prioritising colour. These can be selected to best suit the viewing environment.
Also to help customers adjust the projector, the mastering information (Maximum Content Light Level/Maximum Frame Average Light Level)* included in HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray will be shown on the OSD information screen. (*Depending on content and player, info may not be displayed.)
Multiple Pixel Control
To further improve the reproduction of 4K content, JVC has improved its Multiple Pixel Control by sampling all pixels in the 4K signal to deliver the smoothest, most finely detailed images from 4K content.
Low Latency Mode
JVC’s Low Latency Mode reduces frame delay for improved game play, and also improves the processing of high bandwidth signals, such as 4K10bit, 12bit, etc. directly without compression to ensure that the quality of the original source is preserved.
18Gbps Full 4K transmission with HDCP 2.2
JVC incorporates HDMI/HDCP2.2 on both HDMI inputs. Two (2) HDCP2.2 copy protected devices can be connected at the same time. These HDMI inputs are capable of handling data transfer rates up to 18Gbps, which can deliver full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4, 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit, and allow playback of copyright-protected content, such as from video distribution services and UHD Blu-ray.
1. THX 3D Certification (DLA-X9900, DLA-X7900).
2. Two blur reduction technologies: Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with video signals up to 4K/60 4:4:4, and Motion Enhance, which optimally drives the D-ILA device.
3. Six-Axis color management.
4. Auto Calibration Function that can, with the use of a widely available third party optical sensor, automatically calibrate the image to optimize the picture for various environments. In addition, this can also compensate for the changing color balance that occurs with long-term projector usage so the projector can continue to deliver optimal performance.
5. Onboard Screen Adjust Mode, which easily optimizes color and performance, is offered for an expanded list of screens from a variety of manufacturers.
6. Two memory settings for the pixel adjustment function, which offers fine adjustments in 1/16 pixel units.
Available optional accessories include; RF emitter (PK-EM2) and RF glasses (PK-AG3).
JVC DLA-X7900 Projector
- Additional Information
Manufacturer JVC In Store Only No